Friday, January 10, 2014

What I'm Loving Friday


Happy Friday! We made it through the first full work week of the year, wahoo! I’ve been waiting all week for “What I’m Loving Friday” because I knew what I would share on Monday.  I’m loving reading the E-100 bible passages each day. 
 
Our church is reading 100 essential passages in the bible over the next 100 days, see the reading plan, here The Word of God is just so exciting, because even when you read a passage that you’ve read numerous times before (ie. Genesis 1) the Holy Spirit can illuminate a new truth you never noticed in the past. It’s so exciting for me to read and share with Josh what I learned and then hear what the Lord spoke to him (often something different) while reading the same passage.  Each day as we discussed the passage, we chose one word that seemed to embody the message for that day best.  Here’s what we came up with…


   
 Day 1 (Genesis 1-2)- Purpose
 
Day 2 (Genesis 3)- Sin/Death

Day 3 (Genesis 6:5-7:24)- Regret

Day 4 (Genesis 8:1-9:17)- Covenant

Day 5 (Genesis 11:1-9)- Pride

Try reading these passages with these words in mind and see if you notice something you haven’t before.  I would love to have you join us in this reading plan, it’s definitely not too late to jump on this bandwagon and have some fun!
 
Have a lovely weekend!
Linking up with Simply Lulu Style, Essential Things, Faith Filled Friday, and Friday Flash Blog.  

2 comments:

  1. God's Word is so powerful isn't it? Thanks so much for this truth you have shared here.
    Thanks for sharing at Essential Fridays.
    Blessings
    Mel from Essential Thing Devotions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Thank you for hosting Essential Fridays. I'm glad to have discovered your blog! :-)

      Delete