Happy New Year!!
We are now officially into 2013. Each year at the beginning of the New Year, I am amazed at how quickly time has passed. It is truly remarkable how much can change in 12 short months. The New Year is so exciting to me. It represents fresh beginnings, new possibilities, and dreams to be fulfilled. I’m not too big on resolutions but I love to set (and achieve) goals! But that blogpost will come later. First, I think it is essential to take time to reflect on the past year and what the Lord has accomplished in my life in 2012. 2012 was a wonderful year for me, filled with love, stability, and dreams come true. Below is my list of Top 5 events in 2012.
2012 Top 5:
1. Passed the Principles and Practice of Engineering Exam: I took the Professional Engineering (PE) exam on April 13 to become a licensed Civil Engineer and received my (passing) score on May 29th. Words really cannot explain the shear excitement of achieving a goal that I have been work towards since my junior year in High School.
2. One Rhythm: In January 2012, I was blessed with the opportunity to help launch the Children’s Dance Ministry at my church. Two of my greatest passions in life are kids and dance and it has been so fulfilling to combine these two passions to glorify the Lord.
3. June 26, 2012: My husband and I completed our first full year of marriage. All I can really say, is that the Lord blessed us so much to find each other and for us to be planted among a body of believers who love, encourage and support us. Our first year was the fairytale I’ve always dreamed of but so much more at the same time.
4. Grand Canyon and Vegas: We took our first married (non-honeymoon) vacation to Las Vegas on Memorial Day Weekend and had a blast. However, the true highlight of the vacation for me was the last day, when we visited the Grand Canyon. This was my first trip to the Grand Canyon and it is absolutely breathtaking! I stood at the rim of the Canyon and tried to take in all of its beauty and simply reveled in the majesty of my God that creates such splendor.
5. Family Camping Trip: In November, we had a family camping trip. It was so much fun! It reminded me of when I was a child and we would take family vacations with my family, my dad’s two sisters and their families and my grandparents. Everyone was able to attend except for my youngest cousin who was away at college. We sat around the campfire and laughed and talked for hours. Then we snuggled into our tents and tried to keep warm. Such a great time to share with the people I love.
Hopefully by now you have already taken some time to reflect on the ways God has moved in your life over the past 12 months, but if not, do it now and share it here. What were your Top 5 moments in 2012?