Monday, December 23, 2013

A Few Sweet Gift Ideas


It’s Christmas Eve Eve, can you believe it??? I was very intentional about starting my shopping and wrapping early this year so that I wouldn’t end up frantic on Christmas Eve.  And yet, still, I have wrapping left to do! I am however, done with all my shopping, so I will celebrate that victory!
I am one of those people that enjoys buying gifts for EVERYONE I’ve ever met (ok, perhaps I’m exaggerating, slightly), which has been challenging for me this year since my hubby gave me a Christmas Budget (yuck!).  I especially wanted to do something nice for the lovely ladies in my church life group and a few of my friends at work.  There are 13 ladies in my lifegroup and about 5 coworkers that I wanted to bless with something special.  So trying to fit 18 extra people in to the Christmas Budget seemed nearly impossible, BUT thank the Lord for fellow bloggers and Pinterest.

For those of you that may still be searching for something small and sweet (pun intended) for your friends/family here’s what I chose!
For the ladies in my life group, I put together cute Facial Scrub bags.  What woman doesn’t love a great exfoliator?? And this one is edible! It was super easy and only cost about $12 to make 12 bags.

Supplies:
*Clear cellophane bags
*Ribbon
*Lemon
*a few tsp of sugar
*small Ziploc bag

I used the snack size Ziploc bags and rolled them to fit in the cellophane bags.  However, if you can find the tiny sealable jewelry bags that would be ideal.  It would also be a nice touch to add a cotton round to the bag. I think they turned out pretty cute.   

I found this facial scrub on one of my favorite blogs, Maskcara, which is where you can find the cute tag.

For my coworkers, I decided to find an edible gift. Although, I do not like fudge when I saw this White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge, I thought why not?? 
This White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge is so smooth, so creamy, so rich with the refreshing zip of cranberries! | MomOnTimeout.com
 This was my first time ever making fudge and I’ve heard it can be tricky.  Maybe white chocolate is different, because I thought it was pretty easy! The recipe and ingredients are listed here. Unfortunately, I still don’t like fudge, even the white chocolate kind, just too rich for my taste. Per my husband, it turned out delicious! I will say that I liked this fudge more than any I have ever tasted. And it looks so pretty and festive!  
 
Hope these ideas help you out in the final 48 hours before Christmas!!

Linking up with #fundaymonday.
 
still being [molly]

2 comments:

  1. Both gifts are super cute! I'll be pinning this post for future reference! :) Way to work that budget!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad to provide some pinspiration! :-)

      Delete