Saturday, December 28, 2013

Movie review: Anchor Man 2 + Wolf of Wall Street

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues


                                 


Cast: Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, David Koechner, Christina Applegate, Meagan Good
Favorite Character: Brick Tamland (Steve Carell) is the most random character ever and I love him!
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Star Rating: 4 stars. Anchorman 2 is the continuation of Ron Burgandy's antics. This movie did not disappoint! I laughed the entire time. If you enjoy mindless (silly) humor Anchorman 2 is definitely worth your time. 

Wolf of Wall Street


                                       

Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie, Matthew McConaughey, Kyle Chandler
Favorite Character: Donnie Azoff played by Jonah Hill
MPAA Rating: R (in my opinion it should be rated X!) 
Star Rating: 1 Star, this movie is based on the true story of how Jordan Belfort made millions on Wall Street through corrupt trading practices. Despite what I consider to be a great cast, this movie was terrible! There were naked women (and men) in almost every scene, along with drugs, alcohol and bad language. The debauchery was so distracting that I couldn't even enjoy the storyline of the movie. This movie is 3 hours long and I still can not understand why it needed to be that long. This movie was so distasteful that about an hour in I wanted to leave (despite how much money we paid to see it at iPic Theatre!) but my 
husband convinced me to stay. I give this movie 1 star because Jonah Hill was dependably funny. I beseech you not to waste 3 hours of your life watching this movie. 

Have you seen these movies yet? What did you think??



4 comments:

  1. I've been considering seeing Anchorman 2, but haven't been a huge Will Ferrel fan since Stepbrothers. After reading your review, I may give it a chance. The trailer I saw at the movies recently was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to not care too much for Will Ferrel but then, Elf changed everything! If you decide to see it let me know what you thought!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, I thought Wolf of Wall Street would have been a good one! I went to see American Hustle last night and it was really good but very looong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too! But I just didn't enjoy it. I have seen some good reviews of it, so if you decide to see it, let me know what you thought. :-)

      Delete