Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas in New York!

This week, I am thankful for the Lord reminding me of His sovereignty.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a planner, I love to plan.  It actually brings me great joy.   I plan everything, in detail, including vacations. I completely understand this little trait could drive many people crazy but thankfully my family and friends are extremely accommodating to my intense desire to plan. 
 
You can imagine my response when my friend asked me join her on a Birthday Celebration Trip  to New York! Her desire was to spend a long girls weekend in New York City enjoying all the Christmas sights.  We only had a few months to plan but that was not a problem.  Our departure date was Saturday, Dec 7 and by Dec1 we had all the major components booked and a detailed itinerary in place.  All that was left to do was be excited (and pack)! Nothing could stop us!
 
But then... the weather in Dallas turned on us. The temperature dropped from 80 to 28 in less than 72 hours and then came the rain and the ice and the news reports of hundreds of cancelled flights. Our high spirits were quickly sinking.  In the midst of trying not to worry that our well planned vacation may be cancelled, my thoughts drifted to Proverbs 16:9, “The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." Despite all of our planning, the only One truly in control is the Lord. I accepted the fact that there was a possibility our girls trip would not happen.  I was disappointed but content with however the Lords plan unfolded.  As it turned out we did get to go! There were some hiccups along the way including multiple cancelled flights and delays but we made it there and back safely and had a great time! Here are some highlights from the trip.

 Our hotel, Room Mate Grace, was super cute and modern located right in Times Square.
 
View from Central Park
  
Times Square at Night

We explored the City via Subway!
 

One of my favorite parts of the trip was the Holiday Lights Tour.  This is one of Macy's several gorgeous window displays.
 
 
           
                                           Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 
 
 
              We met SANTA @ Macy's Santaland.  Talk about an extravagant display, beautiful!!



The Rockettes Christmas Spectacular absolutley lived up to the name.


The finale of the show was a living nativity scene complete with a real camel!
 
 
The weekend in New York was really fun and I am so thankful that the Lord provided for safe travel so that we could create such wonderful memories!




0 comments:

Post a Comment